EFA: Etsy For Animals Etsy For Animals: The Fabulous Animal Rescue Project

Etsy for Animals (EFA) aka Artists Helping Animals,

is a team of independent artists, craftspeople,

vintage sellers and craft suppliers on Etsy.com

who are dedicated to providing charitable relief to animals

by donating a portion of the profits from their shops

to an animal charity of their choosing,

and/or to EFA's featured Charity of the Month.

Thursday, October 07, 2010

The Fabulous Animal Rescue Project

from EFA member http://osha.etsy.com

The Fabulous Animal Rescue Project was created by my partner Leslie and I as a way to help raise awareness and funding for animals in need. Our goal is to create a worldwide artistic community that will inspire folks to reach out in any way they can to help end the needless suffering of animals. The Project benefits the noble and unwavering animal rescue groups, sanctuaries, and shelters around the world.


A wide range of artists and devoted animal lovers of all ages have generously donated their work and shared precious memories of their pets to make the Project a reality. With these images we make greeting cards, buttons, magnets, and pocket mirrors. We hope that when people read our cards, see our magnets, use our mirrors, and wear our buttons, they will feel inspired to help and spread the word. In return for the image donations we try our best to promote all the Project members' business, ETSY shops, special projects, rescue groups, and so forth.

The Project also has special listings for the rescue groups, shelters, and sanctuaries themselves. So far, Big Cat Rescue in Florida, Four Legs Good in New York, and Doodlebug Manor in Tennessee have joined. They have donated images of their very own rescued animals and shared their incredible stories. The proceeds benefit their cause and are donated directly to them. We also have been and hope to continue working with charity events such as the New Zealand Next Top Cat Model. Next Top Cat Model is a huge charity event in New Zealand that raises thousands of dollars for animal rescues in New Zealand. Even though this years event has ended, some of the cat models struck a pose for the Project with the proceeds of their sales still being donated to their chosen charities.

The Project selects smaller animal rescue groups, no-kill shelters, and animal sanctuaries to receive the donations from their sales. Since our artists are from all over the globe we attempt to select beneficiaries from all over the globe as well. 80% of sales is donated to these groups. The remaining 20% is kept only to pay for ETSY/Paypal fees and to help with supplies to make more stuff. We are all about helping the animals not making profits.

Many EFA members heeded our call and we are so grateful. Michele, http://mvegan5etsy.com, founder of EFA, was one of the very first Project members, Pam of BenMcfuzzlugs http://www.etsy.com/shop/BenMcfuzzylugs, Pennie of Ladies Blend http://www.etsy.com/shop/ladiesblend, Dana of Creek Art by Dana Hadder Gillikin http://www.etsy.com/shop/danacarol, Lynn of Lola Lynn http://www.etsy.com/shop/LolaLynn, Robyn of Viva Le Chat http://www.etsy.com/shop/vivalechat, just to name a few.

We have also had many members of the Queer Etsy Street Team and the Vegan Etsy Team.


If you would like to help the Project you can join and donate some of your art or photographs of animals. You can visit the Project shop and purchase some of our groovy stuff. Or the Project can sure use help getting promoted!! We have some web badges and a poster available on out blog but are always looking for more designs for both.

You can read more here: http://fabulousanimalrescueproject.blogspot.com/2010/09/help-poster-designs-wanted.html. We also have postcards that we hand out... if you would like some sent to you just contact us; http://farp.etsy.com, and we will ship them when available free of charge.


The future for the Fabulous Animal Rescue Project is unforeseen. Of course, we have dreams that will continue to grow so we can continue to help more and more animals.

Thank you so much, EFA members,

for all your help.

EFA members rock !








  1. I love the FARP! :0) Its such a fabulous way to help animals with animal art!

  2. I love what you are doing. Its such and wonderful and creative way to help animals.

  3. Everyone wins with this shop! Lots of cute magnets. A wonderful charity.


Please leave a positive comment :)
We shall publish it as soon as it is approved...
THANKS for visiting !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...