by Patty of Catcalls
Hi friends ! We kitties are getting purrrrticularly excited these days as our humans start to bring out all those fun Christmas decorations ! We love this holiday as much as you do but since we are felines, we have to celebrate in our own way.
So we thought it would be a good idea to share some helpful information from our popular book, "How to Avoid Holiday CATastrophes". If you follow these few suggestions, you will guarantee yourself a Merry Christmas... cuz if the cat's not happy- NOBODY'S happy!
1. Real Christmas trees are more dangerous to cats than fake plastic ones. Pine needles can puncture our internal organs if eaten, and they are also toxic! If you get a real tree, try to find one that doesn't shed !
2. Tinsel is a big no-no for us ! It gets in our tummies and can cause blockages- ooohhh pain !
3. Chocolate is toxic ! It has icky unpronounceable stuff called methylxanthines and theobromides. Some of my friends have gotten very sick from it. Please don't let us have any !
4. Mistletoe, Holly, and Poinsettias sure are pretty-- BUT...better put them somewhere where we can't get a taste of them. They're poisonous !
5. If you need to decorate our windows, better to use paper cut outs than that artificial snow spray- another nasty poison !
And now for the good stuff !
1. Please play with us ! It's fun to see company, but remember we love you too, and need some attention. We can get nervous and get into things if we are neglected.
2. For you big time "Deck the Halls" peeps, can you give us our own room to play in ? A safe room for us to retreat to with all our own toys, bed, food and water ? Then you can entertain your friends while we feel happy and safe in our own spot.
3. On Christmas morning, make sure we have our own stocking of goodies ! It's so fun to wake up and run downstairs to see our name on one with all kinds of permissables packed inside !
In fact...our friend, Michele, has put together a whole bunch of fantastic ideas for you to get for us !!! These are all safe, fun, and purrrrrfect gifts to help us have a Meowy Christmas !