EFA: Etsy For Animals Etsy For Animals: "Iris and Foxgloves" by Elizabeth Ruffing


Etsy for Animals (EFA) aka Artists Helping Animals,

is a team of independent artists, craftspeople,

vintage sellers and craft suppliers on Etsy.com

who are dedicated to providing charitable relief to animals

by donating a portion of the profits from their shops

to an animal charity of their choosing,

and/or to EFA's featured Charity of the Month.

Friday, March 21, 2008

"Iris and Foxgloves" by Elizabeth Ruffing

These are two of my favorite flowers, and I especially like to plant them together in my garden. They are shown here on an overcast day because I love the way the outdoors, and in particular, how the garden looks, just before a thunderstorm. The sky gets darker, but somehow, the colors of everything around you seem to glow. I’ve set the iris against a hazy, darkened background of blues and greens, which makes their warm peach-pink color stand out. I added a border of delicate leaves and little flowers on muted teal green to enclose the scene.


This is a new, hand-signed, fine art giclée print made from my original watercolor painting "Iris and Foxgloves". The image is approximately 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches on 8 1/2 x 11 inch fine art paper. It is signed in pencil below the image, leaving a nice white border for ease in framing. It comes in a protective cello sleeve. It is available in my Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5385859



10% of sales (less shipping) from my Etsy shop, elizabethruffing.etsy.com, and my mom's Etsy shop, aeruffing.etsy.com, will go to animal charities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a positive comment :)
We shall publish it as soon as it is approved...
THANKS for visiting !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...